It is important to keep in mind that we do not collect personally-identifiable information (name, address, e-mail address, social security number, or other unique identifiers) on our web site unless we specifically advise you that we are doing so.
When you visit our web site to read pages or download information, we automatically collect and store the following non-identifying information:
- The Internet protocol (IP) address from which you access our web site. An IP address is a unique number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using whenever you are surfing the web.
- The type of browser, such as Netscape or Internet Explorer, and operating system, such as Windows 98 or Linux, used to access our site.
- The date and time our site is accessed, for the purpose of monitoring demand.
- The pages visited, for the purpose of improving the usefulness of our web site by providing helpful links and removing pages that are not read.
- The last site you visited, if that site contained a link to a Census Bureau web page, which indicates how you found this site.
We maintain the above information in system logs. We use this information to make our site more useful to visitors by learning the number of visitors to our site, the number of pages served, and the level of demand for specific pages. We do not track or record information about identifiable individuals and their visits.
Data Collected from Forms Online
When you send us personally-identifying information, we use the information you provide only to help us gather the information you might request. In an effort to respond to your request, various people within the KUNST HAUS WIEN may view the information you submit. For the most part, all information submitted by visitors is voluntary. Submitting voluntary information constitutes your consent to the use of the information for the stated purpose. In some cases, such as when a user requests a product or fills out a survey or census, some identifiable information will need to be collected to fulfill your request or process your response.
We generally use "cookies," which are files or file entries placed on your computer's hard drive by a web site, that allow monitoring of your use of the site. Some activities, like purchasing a product do require the use of transient cookies.
Purchasers of KUNST HAUS WIEN Products
Any information that we collect for the purpose of purchasing products may be subject to disclosure, but will be handled in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act to ensure the greatest protection of personal privacy in the face of any required disclosure.
The KUNST HAUS WIEN does not capture credit card numbers on our servers. Credit card, debit card are processed through to the mpay24 system. Find more on www.mpay24.com
The MuseumShop collects customer information (name, address, phone number, and email address) to process orders for products. Any information that would permit identification of individual customers is used only for this purpose and not shared with other agencies or organizations, or with other areas in the KUNST HAUS WIEN.
If you choose not to enter your email address, you cannot complete your order online. However, you can call us and place an order without providing an email address.
Customers with questions on privacy should consult the Legal Notice.